Forum Eclectique
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion

The english topic !

+3
Keagan
Wawash
Mélodie
7 participants
Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Mélodie

Mélodie

The english topic !  Empty
MessageSujet: The english topic !    The english topic !  Icon_minitimeMar 26 Nov 2013 - 0:52

Hey !

Is there anybody who wants to speak english here ? Smile Beginners to can improve yourself or intermediate, advanced level, everybody can participate !
I haven't a good english too.

In this moment, I love to discuss with penpals : a discovered a very nice website : studentsoftheworld : you can find penpals all over the world ! I was for example interested by Finland and I have now many finnish penpals. Smile
Do you know the little english movements in France like speedbooking or reunions in irish pubs to talk in english with english people or strangers... ? I'm very interested and I want to go this week to see, to discover and maybe make friend !

English is very interesting, why ? So useful ! If you like travelling ! English is a common language, and you can't imagine how it's so nice to can speak with persons all over the world, discover cultures, exchange snailmail, little objects...

So here, we can talk about all and anything, what you want, but if you have ni idea, we can talk about travel, or services like couchsurfing, bartering, swap...

I hope we will can talk a little english here ! Smile Don't hesitate to talk ! Wink 
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://lodysseephilharmonique.e-monsite.com/
Wawash

Wawash

MessageSujet: Re: The english topic !    The english topic !  Icon_minitimeMar 26 Nov 2013 - 1:03

When I was young (I mean, youger than I am now) I used to loooove having lots of penpals. Sometimes it was taking me all my spare time but I loved it so much. But I like the paper and the ink. Writting emails isn't just the same thing.

I didn't know they organised things like speedbooking in France. It could be fun if you wanna make new friends, you never know who you're gonna meet. If you go, let us know how it was!
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
Mélodie

Mélodie

MessageSujet: Re: The english topic !    The english topic !  Icon_minitimeMar 26 Nov 2013 - 1:07

Yeah ! You know, I'm subscribed on Studentsoftheworld to know penpals all over the world, and I love it ! At the beginning, we talk by mail, and after we send us snail mail ! Smile I received beautiful long letters ! We talk about music, movies, and also our culture : by example Christmas ! I have to send many Christmas cards ! I'm afraid to be late...
I spend a lot of my time writing to my friends : penpals or not. I should be nice to do the same thing here, between us : to send us a letter, Smile

About speedbooking and little reunions in pubs, sure I will tell you how it was ! Wink It will be a pleasure !

Keagan
Admin
Keagan

MessageSujet: Re: The english topic !    The english topic !  Icon_minitimeMar 26 Nov 2013 - 2:06

Hell yeah! My english is a piece of shit, but I try by many ways to improve it. I'm not always sure if the word I'm about to write is the right one, so I used to check it on google trad, but it seems that I'm not so bad. :p
At least people understands me, that's it that matters, isn't it?

So anyways, here's my method:
-I read in english sometimes, books (as Portrait of Dorian Gray, or Alice in Wonderland) or comics. Also, in Herault we have a newspaper made by and for english people who choose to live in France. It title is "BlahBlahBlah", it is half in english, half in french.
Likewise, I read many many things on the web in english, mostly on 9Gag and Tumblr, but also on Facebook, I follow many english or american websites.  

- When I can, I watch movies and tv shows in english, with subtitles (french or english) or not (when I'm with my boyfriend, I've no choice: VO without subs. Uriah)
I said when I can because for movies I don't even find streaming videos in vostfr, that's a shame. At least I can find all my tv shows in vostfr.

Few years ago all I could say was "potatoes", today, I can write in english (with few mistakes, but it's not so bad), read or watch english without any problems, not a big deal. I've learned more with my method explained here that at school, I used to have awful grades. Uriah
However, when I have to speak... not the same at all. Uriah

I don't practice the speaking enough, therefore I have a horrible accent and I'm searching my words every two seconds. But people understand me anyway, so I'm not a hopless cause. Uriah

About english communities in my country, I know we have an Irish pub in Montpellier where the bartenders have the habit of speaking english, and I also know that in Herault (as anywere else I guess), there is many english people who moved here - that's why we have an english newspaper.

About penpals, I didn't have any, but I gone on a website to learn few years ago, in which we had to speak to strangers, I don't remember the name. "Mucha", or somethin' like that... scratch 
It was helpful, but I was to lazy to continue with it. Uriah

(Oh, and sorry, because I'm pretty sure I've made many mistakes in this message. Uriah)
Mélodie

Mélodie

MessageSujet: Re: The english topic !    The english topic !  Icon_minitimeMar 26 Nov 2013 - 21:53

Don't worry Keagan, you speak very well english, I think you have the same level than me.
I watch series and movies in english too, usually in vostfr, but sometimes in english only and I improve my english oral comprehension. Smile
I would love improve my oral english speaking now, that's why I would like to try in an irish pub with strangers. So useful to travel in a stranger country ! Smile

Do you know couchsurfing ? Is somebody subscribed on ?
I think couchsurfing is a sympathic way to get to know people and allow us to speak a little english. And it's free ! If you want to go abroad, you can choose a person to put you up.
I never practice, I hove no experience but I would like it.
What do you think about that ?
Keagan
Admin
Keagan

MessageSujet: Re: The english topic !    The english topic !  Icon_minitimeMar 26 Nov 2013 - 22:25

I never experienced that but it may be good, useful, I think. I didn't knew that it was free... But anyway I'm not very comfortable with the fact of sleeping at somebody's house that I don't know... I'm not comfortable with people, that explains a lot!
Mélodie

Mélodie

MessageSujet: Re: The english topic !    The english topic !  Icon_minitimeMer 27 Nov 2013 - 0:50

I understand that ! I won't be very at-ease if I should go in a stranger's house, but I've not choice : it's free, and it's a good way to get to know fantastic people in the world and to really see the culture : how is the house, how people live in this country... little things you can't see in an international hostel...
I think, for shy or ill at ease persons like us, it's a deal for us, but a good deal. It's a great experience to do in our life. Smile
Keagan
Admin
Keagan

MessageSujet: Re: The english topic !    The english topic !  Icon_minitimeMer 27 Nov 2013 - 2:02

I'm sure that it is a great experience, but I don't understand why "no choice", it's not because it's free and useful that it means that's obliged or the only one way, or the best way. There's other ways. I remember in 2011 when I was at Can'da, it was in an hostel (not an Holiday Inn, that was not a hotel Wink ).
In there, we could find many people, who spoke french, english, or other. It's also a way to discuss with english people.

And when I was in the english part of Canada, everybody spoke in english, no matter if you were in a hotel, in a hostel or at stranger's house.

Sometimes, you just have to go out there and speak. That's pretty hard for people like me but sometimes, you don't have a choice: to get a coffee, or just to explain the path at somebody, or whatever, you have to speak. Even at Paris, there is many english people. Uriah
But I tell that thinking of being in another country, it's not a total immersion, ok (it can't be unless you go for living in this country for a very long time - spent a year in another country, I'm pretty sure you'll know more about the habits of people, the way of life than one week in couchsurfing), but I think we can learn a lot without necessary making couchsurfing or living in a country.
Only about learning the language, going outside is already a good way to learn, 'cause if you want to eat, drink or just get the newspaper, you have to speak.

I don't think couchsurfing is necessary the better way, it's just another way to learn.
Mélodie

Mélodie

MessageSujet: Re: The english topic !    The english topic !  Icon_minitimeMer 27 Nov 2013 - 14:16

Yes, I'm agree with you, Smile

Oh I would love to travel, devenir emo I have so many countries I would love to go but I've no money, I never took plane and actually I would prefer to go with a friend, it's more interesting, more funny rather than alone...
I very very very want to travel, I need that and all my wishes would be to succeed that one day.
My favorite countries are Finland, Sweden, Norway, Iceland, Canada, New Zealand, Italy, Germany, Ireland, Feroe Isles, USA, Denmark, ...

What your favorite countries ?
A.H.
Admin
A.H.

MessageSujet: Re: The english topic !    The english topic !  Icon_minitimeMer 27 Nov 2013 - 15:08

Citation :
Sometimes, you just have to go out there and speak. That's pretty hard for people like me but sometimes, you don't have a choice: to get a coffee, or just to explain the path at somebody, or whatever, you have to speak.
"Can aille ave a aut chocolaïte?
- Gné ?
- Hot chocolate.
- Gné² ?
- HHAAT CHACALATE !!!!!!
- ?
- *fuck off, i'm tired*"

Most awkward moment of my life . Uriah
Keagan
Admin
Keagan

MessageSujet: Re: The english topic !    The english topic !  Icon_minitimeMer 27 Nov 2013 - 17:00

@Mélodie: I don't really have favorite country because I don't really know them.
I love Canada, 'cause I went two time, and it's a beautiful and interresting country.
But it's the only one I went, I'm sure there is many other countries which are cool too (maybe some countries I'll love more than Canada), but in fact I don't know.
I would like to go on a long trip through these countries: Deutshland, Denmark, Estonia, Sweden, Finnland, Norway, Svalbard, Iceland, Scotland, Ireland, England.
And maybe Belgium too, I think I would like it.
Because it's in my blood for some of these (Deutschland, Belgium, and scandinavian countries, this is my background), and for the other it's just because that was countries where the story I wrote takes place (except Iceland and Estonia, these two is just because I'd love to see it). I want to follow in the footstep of my main character.
But it will be very expansive, and for what I know, the life in north countries is too damn expensive (exept Estonia, to go in and to live in, it doesn't demand much money).

And, depending on the country you want to go, it's not necessary too expensive, you just have to check it. Wink

@Alva: I remember that, and I remember that was also awkward to me to obtain one coffee and one chocolate when I asked just a coffe and a muffin. Uriah And when I leaved the place with only the chocolate under the surprised eyes of the two waitresses. Uriah
Nailed it. Uriah

I think we were just two big potatoes with some pudding in the mouth. Uriah
Mélodie

Mélodie

MessageSujet: Re: The english topic !    The english topic !  Icon_minitimeJeu 28 Nov 2013 - 3:36

It's ok ! Smile

I love Estonia too. Actually I love nothern countries like scandinav countries.

Alva, it's funny ! You're alone ^^
Keagan
Admin
Keagan

MessageSujet: Re: The english topic !    The english topic !  Icon_minitimeJeu 28 Nov 2013 - 3:49

Aw! That's rude! x) I think you didn't mean to say she's alone, but she's not alone! :')
Mélodie

Mélodie

MessageSujet: Re: The english topic !    The english topic !  Icon_minitimeVen 29 Nov 2013 - 0:03

Oh yes, xD Pardon...

I would like to tell a little about my problems in this moment. Yesterday evening, I learned that my boyfriend (I was not with him since four months) was wrong with me since the beginning, :'( He left me to go to Finland, I knew that. but actually, he was in love with his penpal for the beginning... He never told me the truth.
AND my best friend is in love of him, they are together. I don't know what to think, I'm just totally sad and angry. I did'nt understand anything anymore.

I got better, I made great efforts to get better because this boyfriend made me a lot of bad things, devenir emo And I learned that yesterday. I see them tomorrow in my appartment. My situation is very totally depressed.
Sometimes, I have the impression that my life has no sense, I'm always this poor girl who always has problems... So sad...

PandaLeFehu

PandaLeFehu

MessageSujet: Re: The english topic !    The english topic !  Icon_minitimeVen 29 Nov 2013 - 0:08

If you don't want to be this poor little girl who always have problems show them they totally disrespect you. If the girl who is supposed to be your best friend was really this kind of person, she would never have done this. If my best friend do this to me I will immediately throw him away of my life.

I think you must don't see them and tell them all the sadness they gave to you. But it's only my perception of this case.
Keagan
Admin
Keagan

MessageSujet: Re: The english topic !    The english topic !  Icon_minitimeVen 29 Nov 2013 - 0:39

I understand your sadness, but if you can't avoid the showdown, show you as the strongest woman in the world and tell them what you think.

Tell your ex boyfriend that he's an asshole for not to have been honest with you in the first place.
He never told you the truth about his feelings, gave you false hopes: he doesn't deserve any tear. He deserve a massive kick in his ass.

Your friend couldn't control her feelings that's a fact, but if she's your bestfriend you probably ever talk about him, right? She knew the whole story, feelings or not, she must have thought about that.
I don't think she's a uge slut, she's just dumb for not having thought about how awkward it is, and about the fact he can't be consider as somebody honest, about the fact he was a bad person to you. She'll pay anyway, because of him or because of what you think of her, but in any case, tell her you are disappointed by her, tell her you didn't think she were such a selfish, and such a dumb, after all you confess to her about your relationship.
And tell her you can't be friends anymore, because she makes you sad, and you don't want to be sad.

When people makes fun of you, cheat on you,  tell them "screw you, you fucking bastards". Just show them you are not a tiny poor thing who sudden, you have a dignity.
You just have to show them you have to go right ahead in you life, without them, because they represents a weight you can't carry.

That'll be hard at the beginning, because it's sometimes a hard thing to do, but you derserve better, you'll go throught it, because you're not a poor little sad thing. Wink
Mélodie

Mélodie

MessageSujet: Re: The english topic !    The english topic !  Icon_minitimeVen 29 Nov 2013 - 18:25

Thanks a lot my friends... Yesterday was a very bad day for me but today I feel better.
I have the habit to have huge problems since few months... So I succeed to get better very faster. I have friends and I have music, it's the most important thing to me.

I hope to be a strong woman and to tell them. I don't want to be bad with my friend, just about the boy, who was so so nasty, his behaviour is so dark, I can't believe it. He's like a person without heart...
Sad, very sad. I always am nice and friendly with everybody, I understand many think, I forgive easily but sometimes, even my best friends can lie to me and destroy great things to me.
Sometimes I hope just to be happy. Really. When I feel good or just normal, I 'm very happy even if there are no reasons to be.
Ez3kiel

Ez3kiel

MessageSujet: Re: The english topic !    The english topic !  Icon_minitimeDim 1 Déc 2013 - 0:23

I speak english like a vache espagnole, but I can (to ?) try.

The big part of my english's vocabulary come from my job (Informatic), so it's not very easy to speak with that.

My day wasn't awesome, except the Tex-Mex I tried, I've already a stomach totally full, and bored by doing shopping with my little sister.

Mélodie

Mélodie

MessageSujet: Re: The english topic !    The english topic !  Icon_minitimeDim 1 Déc 2013 - 23:12

Yes you can try to speak english Ez3kiel, you will see. At first, you look for your words or you need a traductor website but more and more, you improve yourself and you succeed to talk more fluently, Wink

Ez3kiel

Ez3kiel

MessageSujet: Re: The english topic !    The english topic !  Icon_minitimeLun 2 Déc 2013 - 0:11

The biggest problem is not really the English, more that i don't know what I must say, I think.
PandaLeFehu

PandaLeFehu

MessageSujet: Re: The english topic !    The english topic !  Icon_minitimeLun 2 Déc 2013 - 0:14

If you want to improve your english try to watch movie and series in english with french subtitles. You will be amazed by the way you will improve your english. And you can try to read some english book or stupid things in english. It's a good method to learn quickly ^^
Ez3kiel

Ez3kiel

MessageSujet: Re: The english topic !    The english topic !  Icon_minitimeLun 2 Déc 2013 - 2:06

I already did it Wink I read many topics on informatic's forum too, it's not so hard to understand, but i've more difficulties to speak, it's a little bit harder. If you see some school's faults, tell me. (Faults or better translation, of course)
Keagan
Admin
Keagan

MessageSujet: Re: The english topic !    The english topic !  Icon_minitimeSam 21 Déc 2013 - 19:47

Not anymore. We have a quizz in english, in the game's section, that's all.
Mélodie

Mélodie

MessageSujet: Re: The english topic !    The english topic !  Icon_minitimeDim 22 Déc 2013 - 17:11

Have a good holidays and Happy Christmas everyone ! Smile
Keagan
Admin
Keagan

MessageSujet: Re: The english topic !    The english topic !  Icon_minitimeDim 22 Déc 2013 - 18:26

Thanks, Merry Chrismas to you too. ^^
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: The english topic !    The english topic !  Icon_minitime

The english topic !
Page 1 sur 2Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant